Thursday, November 6, 2014

Audio


For my three links I took a look at StoryCorps, Rock Your World, and audioBoom. Both StoryCorps and audioBoom were very similar. They were sites that had many audio recordings available from real people, which I really enjoyed. I even found a BBC recording on Black History, which is essentially want my unit for Dr. Grace is on. So, if I were to actually teach this unit I could potentially use these two websites as resources for my students. The only thing that was a little bit different about audioBoom was that you are able to record your own audio recording through their website. Not only is it an online resource for information, but also an online resource for creating your own audio recordings. The last link I explored was Rock Your World, which is a website run by an elementary school teacher. What her class does is send video chats all around the world of different musical recordings and voice records to students in the other countries to respond to. By the time that the recordings come back there are all kinds of instruments involved, and they essentially have a song. Part of this project is also having the students do live video chats with those students from the other countries, where they discuss various topics that are related to their curriculum. I think that this project sounds super interesting, and like it’s a great hands on learning experience for students. I wouldn’t exactly do this project the same way this teacher did because I will be working with older students, but I think it would be a great experience for my students to learn about other cultures through a project like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment