Monday, September 8, 2014

iPad Personalization


Having owned an iPad for quite some time, I have had experience with them for quite awhile. That being said, while playing around with some of the features I was reminded of some things that really frustrate me about the iPad in general, and I did find some features I was not familiar with.  While personalizing my iPad a little more is when I was reminded of some things about the iPad that really frustrate me. For one, I refuse to use iCloud, because it is so difficult to use. I think that iCloud is definitely a good idea in theory, and that it is generally straight forward. However, it becomes increasingly difficult to use when you are trying to delete music, or data that iCloud has so kindly automatically downloaded to your device without your permission. Secondly, trying to find a picture that is going to perfectly fit the background, especially with apple’s nice new zoom feature, is nearly impossible. As little as these two things may seem, they are so very frustrating to me, and as negative as this response may seem, I really do love this device. While looking at some of the features, I played around with the multi-tasking settings, and discovered that it is possible to move from one app to the other by simply swiping across the screen with four fingers. I also figured out how to get the iPad to read to you by highlighting a passage and simply pressing the speak option. I think this could be incredibly helpful in a classroom setting for students who struggle with reading, who are more audio learners, or who are English language learners. I think that iPads could potentially be very helpful tools in the classroom, but my one fear is that they can be distracting with all of the games and apps that are out there these days. However, I do think that in the right environment, and for an appropriate assignment they could be not only helpful, but would be a good way to engage students with multiple different learning styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment